Founded as Quaker City Airways by August 1948. The company was reformed as Admiral Airways by September 1959. Two L-749As were leased from California Airmotive in 1961 followed by a L-1049 later that year. 3 more L-749As were added during 1962. Due to safety problems MATS had denied Admiral authority to operate charters for them. Shortly afterwards Admiral ceased operations in October 1962.