Aerotours was formed in 1973 by Fernando Fernandez and took delivery of a L-1049 in January 1974. The aircraft was used as a 96 seater mainly on passenger charters from Santo Domingo to Port au Prince, Caracas, Jamaica, the Virgin Islands, and Columbia. In mid 1978 the Dominican authorities placed a ban on passenger flying in Connies, the aircraft had to be used on freighter work, although it had no cargo door. In April 1979 a L-1049G Freighter was purchased and put in service the same month. The two Constellations were withdrawn during the spring of 1980. In November 1982 the cargo operations were taken over by Aerochago and the Constellation was painted with Aerochago titles.