Formed in 1945 as Riddle Airlines, a charter operator with Curtis C-46s. In 1964, the airline was renamed Airlift International, by which time DC-7Fs and DC-8Fs were operated addition to C-46s. In June 1966, CAB approval was given to Airlift to take over the assets and aircraft fleet of Slick Airways. Airlift thus acquired a fleet of 6 L-1049Hs, which were later repainted in Airlift markings and flown for some months on MAC charter work. A further Super H was leased in November 1966, but all aircraft were retired at the end of 1967.